Hellenic Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
The Hellenic Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (HACFE) is the official body that extends operations in Greece for International Organization American Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (www.acfe.com). The main purpose of the Hellenic ACFE, is to become a powerful, reliable and efficient instrument in the fight against fraud and corruption in our country. To that end, hopes to become a pole of attraction not only those professionally engaged in such matters, which will provide opportunities to enrich their knowledge, share their experiences and to join forces in a common action, but and a third party (entrepreneur, professional, public and private sector), which has similar interest or affected by such events and seek assistance to address them.
Specifically, the objectives of the Institute are:
- To promote education and disseminate the knowledge and skills of members of the interlinked areas of control and security.
- Promoting free exchange between the members of techniques, methods and approaches for solving problems in controlling fraud.
- The adoption of high standards and reliable certification for Certified Fraud Examiners through management standard tests.
- Promoting continuing education of its members through the acquisition of continuing education degrees (Continuing Proffessional Education) on the current developments in the field of fraud control so that it works to the benefit of themselves.
- To act as a local representative of Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE) and to lead the effort to support the public, and trust in the integrity, objectivity and professionalism of Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE).
- To transfer to management, auditors, universities and professionals the importance of establishing control to ensure the effective management and use of resources in combating fraud.
- The identification, acceptance, promotion and adoption of standards in fraud protection.
- Requiring members to adopt and implement a strict professional conduct and ethics.
- Defending the rights of its members in carrying out their work.
- Collaboration with the ACFE and promotion of standards.